John T. Ball, a Presbyterian elder from Honesdale, organized a Sunday School on January 1, 1871, in the old Seelyville School House. One of the early members responsible for the success of the Sunday School was a black man, Theodore Green. In 1900, a building lot was purchased for $340.00, and by October 17, 1902, the Chapel was dedicated. A bell was added in 1904 and first rung on Christmas Eve of that year.
This page was one month of the calendar and was made possible through the Wayne County Commissioners and a Tourism Promotion Committee’s Tourism Grant.