210 Ninth Street - The land on which the church and rectory stand was donated by the Delaware and Hudson Canal Company. The parish was organized in 1832 and a small wooden church built the following year. A clapboard rectory was built next to the church. In 1854 a Gothic church of locally-quarried stone replaced the wooden church. In 1874 the vestry voted to "replace the wooden structure so long in use and build a new rectory of stone to match the church." The handsome rectory was designed by Valk of New York, and constructed of local stone by Louis Schultz. It was completed in 1875 at a cost of $13,500. At the present time the rectory is leased by Grace Church parish. ARCHITECTUAL STYLE: GOTHIC REVIVAL
From 1993 through 2008 the Honesdale National Bank published an annual wall calendar, each featured 13 historic sites. The sites were chosen and researched by a committee of the historical society and artwork was commissioned to Judy Hunt and William Amptman by the bank.
This page was one month of the calendar and was made possible through the Wayne County Commissioners and a Tourism Promotion Committee’s Tourism Grant.