The "Protestant Episcopal Church" of Honesdale originated February 13, 1832 at the Charles Forbes Inn, now the site of the Wayne Hotel, and by March 29 of the same year this new congregation had secured a pastor, The Rev. James H. Tyng. The present building site, at the corner of Church and Ninth Streets, was deeded to the Episcopal congregation by the Delaware & Hudson Canal Co., and a wooden structure was erected in September 1834. This building was later moved to a vacant lot to allow for the construction of a new church. The old Grace Church was eventually sold to the German Catholic Church in 1852 and was destroyed by fire in 1859. In 1854 the Episcopal Parish erected the present church building from locally quarried stone. The adjoining stone rectory was completed in 1876, and in 1879 the spire was erected in memory of one of the founders, Zenas H. Russell, by his family.
From 1993 through 2008 the Honesdale National Bank published an annual wall calendar, each featured 13 historic sites. The sites were chosen and researched by a committee of the historical society and artwork was commissioned to Judy Hunt and William Amptman by the bank.
This page was one month of the calendar and was made possible through the Wayne County Commissioners and a Tourism Promotion Committee’s Tourism Grant.