- Donate Today!
- Online Gift Shop
Whites Valley, Mount Pleasant Township The first recorded deed to this property is in Deed Book 22, dated 1850, when Alfred, John and Abigail Kellogg sold to William Bross. William and Lucinda Partridge purchased it from Bross. William Partridge, blacksmith, is listed as the property owner on the 1872 Atlas of Wayne County. William and Jane O'Hara purchased the property in 1974 from Helen Bryant, widow of Herbert Bryant. The house is located alongside the original Bethany and Dingman Choice Turnpike in Whites Valley. and was built as a three-part plan. The first house was built before the Victorian addition. This is a typical one and one-half story farmhouse built during that period. The exterior remains much as it was when it was first built, with the original porch still intact. During the early 1900s, the adjoining two-story, front gabled Victorian house was built. The facade has a two-story bay window treatment that includes ten windows with 9-over-9 panes. The present owners renovated the interior, and the original floor plan has been changed. They have done a fine job of restoration and keeping the exteriors of the two old houses as close as possible to the originals. Mr. and Mrs. William O'Hara built an addition that abuts the original farmhouse. This was made to accommodate Mrs. O'Hara's mother when she moved in with them.
This page was one month of the calendar and was made possible through the Wayne County Commissioners and a Tourism Promotion Committee’s Tourism Grant.