On February 22, 1867 and in subsequent deeds, land in Texas Township was deeded to Trustees to be used as a cemetery. A deed dated July 6, 1911 to the Rector of Grace Church, Honesdale, PA designated a portion of that cemetery land ". . .for the erection and maintenance of a church for religious worship and sheds for the accommodation of the horses and vehicles of the worshippers." Christ Episcopal, a Mission Church of Grace Church, Honesdale, is under the diocese of Bethlehem, PA.
From 1993 through 2008 the Honesdale National Bank published an annual wall calendar, each featured 13 historic sites. The sites were chosen and researched by a committee of the historical society and artwork was commissioned to Judy Hunt and William Amptman by the bank.
This page was one month of the calendar and was made possible through the Wayne County Commissioners and a Tourism Promotion Committee’s Tourism Grant.